To Ray Hume: Part 2 of 3

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Daystar Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AAA (66.94.37.147) on April 16, 2004 at 21:18:02:

I wrote: “I hope you’re not one of those skeptics who accept the postmodern notion that ‘faith’ is an emotional,
subjective experience. These people (for whatever reason) have simply not been equipped with the objective
intellectual facts.”

You said: “I am sorry to disappoint you, but I am one of those skeptics. Let me ask you this: is the faith in
reincarnation or karma or prophet Mohamed or Dienetics ‘an emotional, subjective experience’, or does it originate
from ‘the objective intellectual facts’?”

In hindsight, I see that I did not fully explain my point. So let me do that now. If we base true faith on emotional
and subjective feelings, how then, can we know for sure that our faith is genuine? That was my point. Yes, these
people “feel” like they are following the truth. And there is great danger in basing one’s truth only on one’s feelings.
Right? The problem with this kind of outlook (based on feelings rather than God’s infallible Word), is the fact that
our feelings change from moment to moment. Hence, it is unwise to base spiritual decisions on so fluid a
foundation. Christ pointed to Himself as the Truth. Christians like myself do not operate on the basis of our feelings,
but on the basis of our position. Another words, I have an object for my faith. For truth to be genuine, there can
only be one real truth. And that truth must be objective. Jesus said that He is the Truth, the Way, and the Life. And
He backed up His claims with many miracles, the empty tomb, and the bodily resurrection.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: To Ray Hume: Part 2 of 3

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Daystar Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]