To Pangea on fulfillment part 4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Daystar Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Christian Scholar (65.100.63.81) on April 17, 2004 at 21:23:23:

Your call on Him breaking the Sabbath was explained by Jesus Himself everytime that accusation was made. For example, in Mark 3:4 He told the Pharisees, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” Earlier in Mark 2:27 Jesus makes the whole point of the Sabbath law was that the “Sabbath was made for man, not man made for the Sabbath.” The Sabbath was made for the specific purpose of giving men and women “rest” from their work. The Pharisees took what the law said, and made “man-made” traditions that were hundred times more stringent then the original law (see Mark 7 on this). Jesus shows that the Sabbath is for the “benefit” of mankind, and even the Pharisees would pull out a cow stuck in a ditch on the Sabbath day to save it from inevitable death (Luke 14:4-5). So, Jesus did not “break” the Sabbath law, but actually brought forth its purpose. And anyways, Jesus even said that He was the “Lord of the Sabbath,” which means that He is not bound to it as it’s creator (I know you don’t agree with that, but that is what the Bible declares about Him, and what He Himself has said).

I do want to agree with you concerning the Roman Catholics “additions” to the coming to God through Christ. In Roman Catholic doctrine you do need to go through a series of “sacraments” which are symbolic of the death and resurrection of Christ. So you can argue that the interpretation is different there in how a man comes to God. But, I must stress something of importance here. Do you know the history of why the Protestant movement (the Reformation) began? Why did Martin Luther take a stand against the church? Was it that he had different ideas about what the Bible said concerning salvation and God? In reality, the Reformation was sparked by a couple of important factors. One, the desire of many within the church to have a Bible in the language of all men and women. Two, because of seeing what the Bible actually said, that the Roman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: To Pangea on fulfillment part 4

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Daystar Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]