Re: To Pangea on fulfillment part 1

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Daystar Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pangea (68.227.37.217) on April 18, 2004 at 14:00:58:

In Reply to: To Pangea on fulfillment part 1 posted by Christian Scholar on April 17, 2004 at 21:14:42:

Hello Christian Scholar,

I too have missed our little discussions. Although we disagree mightily on many, many issues, I want you to know that I DO respect your perspective, even when it is completely and utterly wrong. ;-)

This new format may actually work out well by keeping comments and responses more focused.

I did not read your pre-attack posts as you recalled them. Thank you for reposting.

BTW, my Fall classes went well. It is a community college that I'm teaching at, although I may be doing some adjunct lecturing at UNLV next year as well. As I've said before, I find a large number of the students completely unprepared for college-level studies. Their writing skills and study skills are terrible. I lost more than 50% of them over the course of the semester; and, I'm predicting about the same level of drops for this Spring semester. Of course, a community college has a different student base than a regular 4-year university. Many of the students are in their late twenties and early thirties and have been away from school for many years. Most are working full time jobs and have familes, so know it's hard to balance all that. I'm surprised at how many admit that they pretty much skated through high school as a social experience without trying to learn very much. The ones that do the best are my military students (Nellis Airforce Base is right down the street). I think the military provides a more disciplined mind-set.

Onward.....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: To Pangea on fulfillment part 1

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Daystar Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]