Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: To Michael?: Self-Existence

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Daystar Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pangea (68.227.37.217) on April 15, 2004 at 17:40:53:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: To Michael?: Self-Existence posted by Chris on April 14, 2004 at 13:37:08:

Forever is a long time, as the saying goes.

I certainly wouldn't discount the possibility that God may interrupt our human theological bickering at some future point to reveal everything to everyone in such a manner that it leaves no doubt about what's expected. Of course, I would be surprised if it happened anytime soon...say in the next billion years of human history.

I do believe that the human race has a bit of emotional and intellectual growing up to do before we could really appreciate what the Almighty had to say to us. I would even go so far as to predict that further biological evolution in a physiological and anatomical sense might also be necessary. This, of course, is impossible until human populations are able to be isolated from one another for hundreds of thousands or even millions of years. This won't likely occur until we move off this little planet into other star systems. And that won't likely occur until we solve some problems like long-term (I mean really long term) stasis or acquire the technology to turn our bodies into biomachines. [Where's the warp drive when we need it?]

Anyway, I understand that many people believe that God has already made contact (the Bible, etc). I say that if that is so, He certainly didn't do it in a very God-like manner. And He was certainly very ineffective in getting his message accross.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: To Michael?: Self-Existence

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Daystar Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]